- The Romanian government has passed emergency legislation banning all public and private gatherings with more than 1000 people. There are more than 1000 people taking part in MEDICS 2020 – participants, organisers, volunteers, speakers, trainers, auxiliary staff etc. This effectively places us under the ban enforced by the Romanian authorities.
- As part of the emergency legislation passed on yesterday all medical students were banned from attending teaching activities in hospitals. As an important number of our workshops take place in hospitals we would not be able to organise them any longer.
- Travel is becoming very problematic as some of the countries where an important number of our participants and speakers come from are under different forms of quarantines and travelling bans (ie Italy, certain US states, Spain etc)
- Last but not least we believe that your safety and public health are above all and us as medical professionals should not take any risks when dealing with them.
We will issue a full refund of your paid fees minus 5 EUR. This will cover the banking and accountability fees that concur from the refund.We will refund all the paid fees at once even if you paid more than one fee (for example you paid an extra workshop fee).
Please follow the below steps closely:
- Log into your personal account on the official website www.soms-medics.com
- Go to the refund tab and enter your bank details (Please note you need to introduce the full name of the account holder to which you want your refund to be made). Do not send your bank details via email.
- Please complete the refund form by 20th March 2020. No refund claims will be taken into consideration after this date.
- If you made any mistake while introducing your bank details or you want to change them within the 10 days deadline please email us at [email protected]
- Please allow up to 40 days for the processing of your refund. If you haven’t received your money after 40 days please contact us by email at [email protected]
Yes. Please complete the refund form by the 20th of March 2020. No refund claims will be taken into consideration after this date.
We are all prone to typos especially with complicated things such as bank account numbers. And these typos can be costly. In addition, you might change your mind and want your refund to be made in another bank account. No worries, we have you covered!
If within the deadline for completing the refund form just email us and we will change your bank details.
Don’t forget that the deadline to complete the refund form is on the 20th of March 2020.
Yes, you will still need to complete the refund form and give your bank account details. We are not able to process the refund via your debit/credit card and we do not have access to your card’s details.
We decided to fully refund all our participants for this year’s cancelled edition. We believe that this is the best decision given the circumstances.
We however encourage you to take part in MEDICS 2021 as we will make it an unforgetable experience.
Unfortunately you will no longer be able to get a Romanian visa as a MEDICS participant due to this cancellation. As part of our legal obligations we have already informed the Romanian border authorities and the Romanian embassies about this change.
If you still want to visit Romania you will have to make another application for a travel visa.
We are really sorry for all the inconveniences this might have caused.
We thank you for the time and passion you put into your work. We share the same frustration of not being able to attend to the oral presentation sessions or the poster session.
As the conference was cancelled you will not longer be able to present your work. Moreover we would not be able to issue an abstract book or any certificates for your presentations.
You are entitled to the same full refund minus 5 EUR as all the other participants. Please see above sections for more info.
Yes you can submit the same abstract again at MEDICS 2021. In fact we strongly encourage you to do so. However it won’t be automatically accepted as an oral/poster presentation.
As we want to offer a fair competiotion to all of our participants both from the 2020 edition and new participants to the 2021 edition, your abstract will undergo the same selection process as this year’s. As the competion will be different and the evaluating committes might not remain the same we cannot guarantee the same outcome as this year.